Psychiatry Training Programmes:
Dr.Rajeev S Swamy
- Co-author in “ Study of Emotional Intelligence & Empathy in post graduate medical students” as award paper in ‘Bhagwat A ward’ category in ANCIPS, 2009 at Agra.
- Principal author “ Cognition: Interface between dementia & depression” presented for annual IAGMH Best paper award in Indian Journal of Geriatric mental health
- Co Investigator in Multi-centric double blinded Drug Trial involving anti depressant medications. Other experience
- Started and maintained Indoor Patient department at Govt. Medical college. Miraj
- Teaching , both clinical and lectures, to undergraduates medical (MBBS) and nursing hospital.
- Experience in ‘ Child Psychiatry’ ( including learning disability & management of children with autism) at Nair hospital ( ISO Certified), Mumbai. Workshops conducted
- Conducted workshops on ‘ Stress management’ for employees of Mumbai municipal corporation(MMC)
- Conducted ‘ Communication skills’ workshops for nair hospital staff. Conferences & workshops attended
- Midterm CME on “ Forensic psychiatry (legal aspects)” at Chennai.
- Annual national conference of Indian psychiatric society, Agra
- Workshop on “ How to take workshop in suicide prevention for teachers” organized by Bombay psychiatric society(BPS)
- Workshop on “ Geriatric Psychitry” organized by psychiatry dept. Nair hospital Mumbai
- Workshops on “ Learning disability ‘ & “Emotional intelligence’ in ANCIPS.
- Participated in debate on topic “ Guidelines on psychiatry: for & against’ organized by BPS.
- Harihara SN , Thirthalli J, Gangadhar BN. Neurosyphilis presenting as schizophrenia: a case report. KANCIPS conference 2009
- Harihara SN, Vishwanath B, Thirthlli J, Gangadhar BN Battery for ECT related cognitive deficits: Development and validation. ANCIPS conference 2011
- Harihara SN, Singh H, Reddi S, Chaturvedi SK, Chandra PS. Quality of prescriptions in a psychiatry in-patient setting : a clinical audit. ANCIPS conference 2012
- Jayaram N, Palaniyappa P, Harihara SN,John JP. Comnination of clozapine & modafinil for the management of negative symptoms of schizophrenia. Poster presentation, NIMRCPsycon 2010- A Joint conference of national institute of mental health & Neurosciences and Royal college of Psychiatrists, United Kingdom at Bangalore India.
- Nitturkar A Thirthalli, J., Harihara SN bagewadi, V., Mathpati, S., Divya sree, Naveen Kumar C Gangadhar B.N(2012 sept). Electrical threshold for seizures during bilateral ECT: The effects of age & Anticonvulsant medication. Poster presented at:22nd annual conference of Indian Psychiatric society- Karnataka branch KANCIPS-2012); Mangalore India.
A regular training program is in place for undergraduate as well as post-graduates students as per MCI guidelines students. The post-graduate training includes weekly case presentations, journal clubs and seminars. Post-graduates and staff members are encouraged to attend CMEs and other academic conferences.
JANUARY 5, 6 & 7 2017
Dr.Sushil Kumar attended 69 National Conference of IPS at RAIPUR and presented a paper ‘’ Augmentation stragey with low dose Aripiprazole in long standing Persistent Depressive Disorder ‘’ ; A case report
FEBRUARY 3 & 4 2017
Dr.Reshmi Ramesan attended skills training exercise for psychiatry postgraduates (STEPS 2017) – Bengaluru.
FEBRUARY 12 2017
Dr.Rajeev S Swamy, Associate professor and Dr.Reshmi Ramesan participated in the CME programme on “Sexual Medicine Update” by Department of Psychiatry, SDM College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Dharwad
FEBRUARY 25 2017
Dr.Vadiraj Gorebal attended “National Symposium on Medically unexplained symptoms” at NIMHANS, Bengaluru.
MARCH 5 2017
Dr.Reshmi Ramesan attended CME on “Bipolar Disorder” at NIMHANS,Bengaluru.
MAY 8, 9 & 10 2017
Dr.Reshmi Ramesan attended Workshop on Noninvasive Brain Stimulation in NIMHANS, Bengaluru.
JUNE 3 & 4 2017
Dr.Rajeev S Swamy attended “PSYCOG 2017 – Present and future trends in Psychiatry, Mental health and Cognitive Sciences” at JW MARRIOTT SAHAR, MUMBAI
July 15 and 16 2017
Dr. Vadiraj Gorebal attended post graduate CME on Clinical advances in Therapeutic Psychiatry organised by Indian Psychiatric Society, Karnataka Chapter at Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore
July 28 and 29 2017
Dr. Ashwathi And Dr. Pavithra attended workshop on Research Methodology organised by Dept of Pathology, SSIMSRC, Davangere.
AUGUST 31 2017
Dr Rajeev Swamy, Associate Proffessor , 1st year Post Graduate students Dr Ashwathi And Dr. Pavithra attended a guest lecture organised by Dept of Psychiatry, JJM Medical College, Davangere.
OCTOBER 24, 2017
Dr. Vadiraj Gorebal attended Silver Jubilee CME ‘Newer Drug, Newer Challenges’ conducted by Centre for Addiction Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, NIMHANS.
OCTOBER 28 & 29 2017
Dr. Vadiraj Gorebal attended 2nd symposium on OCD and related disorders
NOVEMBER 11 AND 12, 2017
Dr.Reshmi Ramesan and Dr.Pavithra.A attended a CME on ‘Psychiatry update 2017- Cluster B personality. Skills training for interventions in Borderline Personality Disorder’ at Kasturba Medical College, Manipal.
16TH AND 17TH DECEMBER 2017
Dr. Vadiraj Gorebal and Dr.Ashwathi.J And Dr.Pavithra.A attended a workshop on EEG and Epilepsy held at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum.
JANUARY 5 and 6, 2018
Dr.Ashwathi.J attended STEP 2018 TIPPS Programme held at Bengaluru.
FEBRUARY 3 2018
Dr.Vadiraj Gorebal, Dr.Ashwathi.J And Dr.Pavithra.A attended CME on Physiology of Stress and approach to de-stress conducted by Department of Physiology, SSIMS & RC, Davangere
FEBRUARY 15, 16 & 17 2018
Dr.Pavithra.A attended TS.Srinivasan – NIMHANS Knowledge Conclave 2018, a joint INA & NIMHANS Congress in NIMHANS Convention Centre,Bengaluru.
FEBRUARY 18, 2018
Dr.Rajeev Swamy, Associate professor and Dr.Vadiraj Gorebal, Dr.Ashwathi.J and Dr.Pavithra.A attended a CME on Borderlands in Psychiatry in JJMMC, Davangere.
March 4, 2018
Dr.Vadiraj Gorebal and Dr.Ashwathi.J attended Teaching course on Cognitive Neurology 2018 in NIMHANS Convention Centre, Bengaluru.