World Breast Feeding -2018 –“ Breastfeeding-A Foundation Of Life”
1st to 7th August on the occasion of World Breast feeding week througout the week programme was arranged at various levels, jointly with the Department of OBG & Community Medicine.
‘26th World Breastfeeding inaugural function was held at Bapuji Child Health Institute auditorium August 1st 2018.
On account of “World Breastfeeding Week”, awareness programs were arranged @ SSIMS&RC at LT4 on 2nd August 2018
Participants: All the nursing staff from SSIMS&RC, PG’s, Interns & UG students participated.
Speakers: Dr. Veeresh Babu D.V. Topics: Feeding in VLBW Babies.
Mrs. Savitha: Good attachment & staff nurse postings. (Skill of Breastfeeding)
Role play: Staff nurse, Moderator: Dr. Latha G.S.
On 3rd August 2018 workshop on breastfeeding skill was arranged for postgraduates students of OBG, P&SM, & Paediatrics Department.
Speakers: Dr. Vinay Kumar S : Topics: Revised BFHI.
Dr. Latha G.S.: Topics: Enough & not enough milk.
Group work & case discussion was conducted for all the postgraduates.
All the staff members:Dr. Chaitra Angadi, Dr. Bhavya S.O, Dr. Veeresh Babu D.V, Dr. Vinay Kumar S Co-ordinated the program.
Afternoon program for AVK College for women at Davangere was arranged.
Speaker: Dr. Latha G.S: Topics: Save environment by BF
Dr. Geethalakshmi: Breastfeeding –WBW theme.
On 4th August 2018 guest lecture were arranged for all the nursing students of SSINS.
Regarding awareness program on breastfeeding.
Speakers: Dr. Rathnaprabha Associate Professor, Dept of P&SM
Topics: Role of nursing students initial days of establishing breast feeding.
Dr. Latha G.S, Professor, Dept of Paediatrics
Topics: Save Mother Earth by Mothers Milk”
On 5th August - WBW 2018 celebration at Shivamoga.
On 6th August 2018Awareness program at Urban PHC
Role of ASHA & Anganawadi worker in establishment of BF & Awareness program for student at KAS college.
On 7th August 2018 Valedictory function at SSIMS&RC , Auditorium
Role of ASHA & Community health workers during pregnancy periods for successful lactation.
IAP Paediatric Quiz for Undergraduates- 2018
31st IAP Paediatric quiz for UG’S Local College round was conducted on 16th August 2018 by Dept of Paediatric, Quiz Master Dr. Bhavya S.O. on behalf of Department. The following students were selected for divisional round held in Gulbarga.
- Kiran Kumar S
Selected students won RUNNER UP prize in the IAP Divisional round held in Gulbarga.
Prof & Head
Department of Paediatrics
- Dr.N.K.Kalappanavar has been awarded Fellowship in Paediatrics Pulmonology 2005 by the Indian Academy of Paediatrics.
- Dr.Bopaiah Best paper award
- National Best District award from BPNI for 3 consecutive years
- Invention: Simplified intraosseous needle published in Indian Paediatrics 2004
Director of Neonatology
Prof of Paediatrics
Department of Paediatrics
- MRCP [UK] – Member & Royal College of Physician - Edinburgh – UK - 1999
- CCT- Certificate of Completion of Training in Paediatrics- UK – 2007 [thro PMETB – UK]
- FRCPCH – Fellow of Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health – UK, Year 2008
Dept of Paediatrics
- Attended National level training Programme on IYCF as 1ST to 4th Specialist Counsellor Conducted at New-Delhi from 1st July to 7th July 2013 at Guru Tejbahadur Hospital.
- “IYCF” Unit was inaguarated at SSIMS &RC, hospital on the occasion of “WORLD BREAST FEEDING” week and a talk on “Journey of WBW was delivered.
- Training Programme was arranged for all the nursing staff of SSIMS&RC on 2ND August 2013 and a session on feeding of Low Birth weight babies was done.
- 1st to 7th August on the occasion of World Breast feeding week througout the week programme was arranged at various levels, jointly with the Department of OBG & Community Medicine.
- 26th IAP Paediatric quiz for UG’S Local College round was organized and Conducted the quiz as Quiz master on 3rd August 2013.
- Delivered a talk on the theme of World Breast feeding week “Breast feeding close to mothers” at Bellary Medical College on 4th September 2013 organized by District IAP Branch.
- Conducted the training Programme on “IYCF” for all the Participants from different states [total 34 members] Jointly organized by SAATHI & BCHI on 19th to 22nd September 2013.
- Attended as a Panelist in Zonal CNE Programme Conducted by BCHI on 14th September 2013.
- Participated as a trainer in the National Training Programme being held at BCHI on IYCF Middle level counsellor course from 16th to 22nd August 2013.