- College: 08192-266307 | Hospital: 08192-266000
- Email: email@example.com
Microbiology Training Programs:
Training Programme & Activities: 2019
- Dr. Vinodkumar.CS was Participated in residential molecular biology training program at Indian Institute of Science(IISC)from 29th July 2019 to 8th August 2019 and trained in basics of molecular biology.
- Dr. Satish Patil Participated in a residential molecular biology training program at Indian Institute of Science(IISC)from 8th April 2019 to 17th April 2019 and trained in basics of molecular biology.
- Mr Gajendra and Mr Shridhar, laboratory technicians participated in the sensitization workshop on Technical and Operational Guidelines for TB Control in India 2016 and PMDT- 2019 guidelines for management of tuberculosis on 11th and 12th December 2019 held at SSIMS&RC, Davangere.
- Dr VL Jayasimha and Dr Veena participated in National Conference on Health Professionals Education held at KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research JN Medical College Belgaum on 20 and 21 November 2019. Dr VL Jayasimha presented a paper on Concept Mapping in Parasitology and Dr Veena presented a paper on OSPE on universal precautions in Dept of Microbiology- Our Experience.
- Dr VL Jayasimha chaired a panel discussion on “Role of concept mapping vs didactic lectures” in National Conference on Health Professionals Education held at JN Medical College Belgaum. The other panelists were Dr Avinash Supe, Dr. Savaji, Vice Chancellor (KAHE), Dr Sachidanand, and RGUHS.
- Dr VL Jayasimha was awarded with Fellow in Medical Education (FIME/ACME) by Medical council of India at National Conference on Health Professionals Education held at KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research JN Medical College Belgaum.
- Dr VL Jayasimha chaired a panel discussion on “Antibiotic stewardship workshop” at State level pediatric conference held at JJMMC and SSIMSRC, Davangere on 19 October 2019.
- Dr. VinodKumar C S, Professor, delivered keynote address on Antimicrobial resistance and chaired scientific sessions at International Conference on Antimicrobials and Bacteriophage conducted by VIT, Vellore on 12th and 13th December 2019.
Training Programme & Activities: 2018
- Karnataka state Council for Science 7 Technology has been selected our students Ms.Arpitha Babu & Ms.Jeevitha for 41st series State Level Seminar & Exhibition ,Which will be held at BIET, Davangere on 10th & 11th August 2018.This Project has been guided by Dr.V.L.Jayasimha, Professor , Dept. Of Microbiology
- Dr. VinodKumar is nominated as Editor of Journal of Public Health and Medical Research and Journal of Educational Research and Medical Teacher7th Research Methodology and Medical Ethics Workshop for First Year Post Graduates was organized on 2nd & 3rd July 2018 by Institutional Ethics Review Board, Research Cell and Medical Education Unit of S. S. Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre.
- Dr.Basavarajappa.K.G. Prof. &Head, Dr.Jayasimha.V.L,Professor , Dr.Vinodkumar, Professor Dr.Satishshivaraj Patil,Asso,Professor,Dr.Shama Taj.K.R,Asst.Professor ,Dr.Shwetha.V.R Senior Resident are Participated CME on PHYSIOLOGY OF STRESS & APPROACH TO DE-STRESS” on 3rd February 2018 organized by dept. of Physiology .SSIMS & RC, Davangere
- Dr.Jayasimha.V.L professor has observed the Revised Basic Course Workshop on 7th February 2018 Conducted by MCI Nodal Centre for Faculty Development .Department of Medical Education, J.N Medical College, Belagavi
- Dr.Basavarajappa.K.G.Prof.&Head,Dr.Jayasimha.V.L,Professor,Dr.ShamaTaj.K.R,Asst.Professor Dr.Shwetha.V.R Senior Resident are Participated CME on“Tuberculosis – Recent Perspectives “Conducted by Department of Microbiology ,JJM Medical College, Davangere on 10th February 2018
- Dr.VinodKumar C.S, Professor, Department of Microbiology is a Nominee of The Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA) under Ministry of Environment and Forestry and Climate Change, Govt of India for various institute such as SDM Medical College, Dharward, KLE Institute of Pharmacy, Belgavi, Veterianry College, Shivamogga, SCS College of Pharmacy, Harpanahalli, National College of Pharmacy, Shimoga, Sri Jagadguru Mallikarjuna Murugharajendra College of Pharmacy, Chitradurga, Institute of Animal Health and Veterinary Biologicals, Bangalore, Soniya Institute of Pharmacy, Dharward
- Dr.ShamaTaj.K.R, Asst.Professor & Dr.Shwetha.V.R Senior Resident are Participated XXII Annual Conference of Indian association of Medical Microbiologist -Karnataka Chapter Conducted at Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru 10th March 2018.
Training Programme & Activities: 2017
- Dr. Jayasimha presented a poster Title “EFFECTIVE MESS OF SELF DIRECTED LEARNING AND UTILITY OF CONCEPT MAPPING vs CONVENTIONAL LECTURES IN PARASITOLOGY” at state microbiology annual Conference MICROCON KC on 18.02.2017
- Dr.CS.Vinodkumar presented a poster titled “Effect of jigsaw versus conventional tutorial teaching and learning methods in improving cognitive skills of medical & nursing Students: A Step towards self – directed learning “ at state microbiology annual Conference MICROCON KC on 18.02.2017
- Dr.CS.Vinodkumar Participated CME “The learning Program on: ’Next Generation Sequence Data Analysis 22nd to 24th of March 2017
- Dr. Shama Taj.K.R Participated as a resource person in Workshop on Basic life Support held at SN Medical College, Bagalkot.
- Dr.Shwetha V R Senior resident department of Microbiology, participated as Guest Speaker in CME on Medico-legal aspects & Ophthalmic theatre practice management, held on 08th of October at S.S.Auditorium & gave lecture on the topic “Microbiological surveillance in Operation Theatre”
- Dr.ShamaTaj.K.R Assistant Professor Microbiology Department have Completed Internal Author and Quality management system certificate course (NABL Course )held from 30th November to 3rd December 2017 at Anand Diagnostic Laboratory ,Bangalore -560001
- NEONATAL SEPSIS LABORATORY was inaugurated on 24th May 2017 in Department of Microbiology. The new laboratory in which automated blood culture system and procalcitonin will be done was inaugurated by Dr N K Kalappanavar Medical Director, Sri T Satyanarayana Director Administration, Dr K G Basavarajappa HOD Microbiology. The laboratory is supported by Vision Group on Science and Technology K FIST Level 2, Government of Karnataka with the Principal investigator of the project being Dr VL Jayasimha, Professor, and Department of Microbiology.
- ANTI DENGUE DAY was observed by Department of Microbiology, Central laboratory on 27th June 2017. About 50 suspected cases of dengue were screened by dengue serology. The free dengue Test camp was inaugurated by Dr N K Kalappanavar, Medical Director and Dr. K.G. Basavarajappa, HOD Microbiology.
Training Programme & Activities: 2016
- Dr.V.L.Jayasimha resource person for the topic “AUTOMATION IN BACTERIAL CULTURE” Biotechnology hands on training Conducted by BIET Davangere, SSIMS Central Lab between 18-24th January 2016.
- Dr.Satish Patil was resource person for the Biotechnology hands on training Conducted by BIET Davangere, SSIMS central lab between dates 18 to 24th January 2016.
- Dr. Basavarajappa K. G attended and chaired two sessions in state conference and workshop of IAMMKC at BMCRI from 19th and 20th Feb 2016. Workshop theme –Laboratory diagnosis of Rickettsial infections.
- Dr. K .G. Basavarajappa attended CME on topic “Pulmonary function tests and respiratory disorders” on 30th April 2016 at SSIMS&RC, Davangere
- Dr. K. G. Basavarajappa attended CME on topic “Medical genetics and fetal medicine” on 2nd April 2016 at SSIMS&RC, Davangere
- Dr. K. G. Basavarajappa attended CME on topic “Opportunities for investigators in clinical research and training on ICH-GCP” held on 2nd July 2016 at SSIMSRC, Davangere.
- DrRaghukumar.K.G attended state conference and workshop of IAMM KC at BMCRI from 19th and 20th Feb 2016. Theme for conference: Vaccine updates.
Microbiology Training Activities: 2014
- Dr. Satish. S. Patil attended the symposium on “Center for Disease Control- An overview of roadmap ahead” held at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore on Friday, 31st January 2014.
- Dr. Satish. S. Patil participated in “Basic course workshop in Medical Education Technologies” held from 12th February 2014 to 14th February 2014 at regional centre, Department of Medical education, KLE University’s Jawaharlal Nehru Medical college, Belgaum.
- Dr.V.L.Jayasimha, Dr.Satish S.Patil, & Postgraduate students Dr.Kruthika P, Dr.Lakshmi R.P. attended a CME Conducted by Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists - Karnataka Chapter at Vijayanagara Institute of Medical Sciences Bellary on 21st June 2014.
- Dr.Kruthika P was awarded best paper on topic “Study Candida species from Nosocomial Urinary tract infection and its virulence factor”. Her presentation was guided by Dr.V.L.Jayasimha Dr.K.G.Basavarajappa. At Vijayanagara Institute of Medical Sciences Bellary on 21st June 2014.
- Ms Shubha V. Hegde, III Year MBBS student got ICMR-STS 2014 project for the topic “Analysis of Infections in skin graft patients in a tertiary health care centre". This topic is guided by Dr. VinodKumar C.S.
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences has sanctioned the grants for the research project entitled “Biologic characterization of HIV-1 exposed serodiscordant married couples in a tertiary care hospital in Bangalore”. This project is jointly submitted by Dr. Asima Banu of Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute and Dr. VinodKumar C.S. from S.S.Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre.
- Ms Sonika, II Year MBBS student was awarded best paper on the topic “Public transport: A large scale fomite of MRSA”, at International conference held at KIMS, Bangalore on 12th & 13th April 2014. Her presentation was guided by Dr. VinodKumar C.S.
- Dr.V.L.Jayasimha & Postgraduate students Dr.Lakshmi R.P. Dr.Mayuri K.S. attended a Conference “Sepsicon-2014”, conducted by JSS Medical College Mysore on 28st & 29th June 2014.
SSIMS & RC is the place to build your medical career.
We offer over 20+ courses to choose to become a great medical practitioner.